Monday 12 September 2011

Gay Teen Sends Thank You Video To "It Gets Better"



"The high-profile video contributions to "It Gets Better" may grab all the headlines, but stories describing the impact of Dan Savage's invaluable project are just as deserving. We rarely get a glimpse of the real-world effects "It Gets Better" affords the lives of LGBT teens, but that changes with this YouTube video from "thatawkwardone01," who reveals how the campaign saved him from attending anti-gay "Christian" counseling. Follow the jump to see how "It Gets Better" comes full circle.

"...I was not happy about the whole being gay thing. My plan ... if I didn't turn straight before the end of the school year, then I would go see a psychiatrist, to go see Christian counseling. Then I remember finding the "It Gets Better" videos. Those were so hopeful.""
Read more at  Instinct magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment