Thursday 12 January 2012

Kieron Richardson – Actor, Hollyoaks

born 12 January 1986

English actor best known for playing the role of Ste Hay in Hollyoaks.


He was listed at number 37 on the DS list of "50 Most Influential Gays", 2011:
It was pretty obvious to most of us that behind young Kieron’s toothy grin and chiseled cheekbones was a man who liked the company of other men. When he came out on This Morning in September 2010, he admitted he’d been inspired to by X Factor’s Joe McElderry and by the next day; he’d received 17,000 emails of support. “I’d never seen anyone my age say it before and then when Joe McElderry (number 41 on our list) came out and said it I thought, ‘Maybe I can be young and come out and say I’m gay and it’s not going to affect my career,’” he recalls. “I’d say he helped me in the fact that he was a similar age to me. Seeing him do it really inspired me.” Kieron’s Hollyoaks character Ste has also since come out and a confident, shirtless Kieron recently graced the cover of Gay Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment